Main Forums General Discussion Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Tagged: 
This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  OverRated 9 months, 1 week ago.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • OverRated Keymaster
      October 8, 2017 at 12:47 pm #184

Last Updated 26 May 2018 By OverRated.

Q: When did this project begin?
      A: I (OverRated) started prototyping back in early 2016.

Q: How much time is spent working on the project.
      A: I (OverRated) works a day job so i spend all my free time i can working on it, progress is slow i wish i had more free time, Avtius12 (3D Artist) works on the game when he has free time to give to the project.

Q: What funding do we have?
      A: We have no funding at the moment, we mainly make our own content or spend our own money to pay for assets we need.

Q: When will the Kickstarter start?
      A: Once we have a playable Alpha up and running we plan to run the Kickstarter just after the closed Alpha testing has started.

Q: What engine are you using?
      A: Unreal Engine 4.19 and we update to never version once we there stable.

Q: What’s the first major milestone for this project?
      A: Our 1st goal is to get the game to a minimal playable state similar to what legacy was.

Q: How many people are working on the project?
      A: 1 Programmer and 1 3D Artist.

Q; What experience does the team have any how long have we been working in game development.
      A: We started modding games back in 2011, and moved to Unreal Engine 4 late 2015.

Q: Whats the ETA for the games release both Closed Pre-Alpha and Steam Early Access?
      A: We are working towards a closed Pre-alpha build its ETA is late July, We plan to run a few Alpha builds to gather feedback and bug reports, After this stage of development is finished we will move to a Steam Early Access release which we hope to achieve by the end of the year.

Q: Whats does Pre-Alpha testing mean.
      A: This means the games not yet ready for the public and needs to under go bug testing before it can be released onto steam, it contains unfinished features, sounds, effects as the game is still in development.

Q: What is the point of the Pre-Alpha.
      A: The Pre-Alpha isn’t playable it is a early single player version of the game which will have unfinished features and bugs, its not indented to be played long term.

Q: How can i get into trying out the Pre-Alpha.
      A: We will be selecting people from our discord group randomly, we won’t be giving the build out to everyone as its mainly being release for bug testing and feedback.

Q: What will the map be like?
      A: The 1st Remnants map is very similar to legacy’s in layout, I (OverRated) spent months rebuilding it from scratch but its not a clone, we are keeping the legacy locations and mostly keeping them the same but we are updating them adding new buildings and props all made by us, something that would of happened if Legacy wasn’t abandoned. Just something to add we use none of Legacy’s assets we have modeled them from scratch to be similar.

Q: Is this game a Legacy Clone?
      A: Remnants is heavily inspired by Legacy, so is it a clone we would say yes in aspects, but we would class it as more of an Remake, we loved legacy’s so we wanted to capture it while moving our game in our own direction as well.

Q: How much will Remnants be like Legacy?
      A: Like above it be similar but not the same, all our code is our own and we have built Remnants its own mechanics, but when it comes down to matching legacy game play this is all being done off past experience playing it, we will also gather feedback from the community to move the game in the right direction, we do plan on adding a server option for a more Legacy experience.

Q:How much will Remnants be on steam?
      A: It be around the $20 USD mark.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  OverRated.
      • This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  OverRated.
      • This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  OverRated. Reason: Updated
      • This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  OverRated.
      • This topic was modified 2 months ago by  OverRated.
      • This topic was modified 2 months ago by  OverRated.
      • This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  OverRated.
      • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  OverRated.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
The topic ‘Frequently asked questions (FAQ)’ is closed to new replies.